Vivo has quietly launched its new Y-series smartphone, the Y79, in China. One of the main features of the Vivo Y79 is the 6-inch FullView display, occupying about 84.4% of the total front surface area. It has a resolution of 1440×720 pixels (HD +) at a ratio of 18: 9. The core of the new smartphone was the eight-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor with a clock speed of 2.0 GHz. It is supplemented with 4 GB of operative and 64 GB of internal memory. It is possible to expand the built-in memory using microSD cards (256 GB maximum).
On the back of the Vivo Y79 is a 13-megapixel main camera with a dual LED flash. There is also a fingerprint scanner. For selfie and video communication, the front of the smartphone has a 24-megapixel front camera with a separate LED flash. She received a new biometric function called Face Wake, which allows you to unlock the smartphone by scanning the face.
The new Vivo smartphone is running under the mobile operating system Android 7.1.2 Nougat with installed on top of the shell FunTouch. For its autonomy the battery of capacity 3225 mAh.
Sales of the Vivo Y79 in China start on November 11. The issue price is 2498 yuan
The smartphone is available in four colors, including black and gold.
Vivo V79 specifications
- 5.99-inch (1440 x 720 pixels) 18:9 FullView 2.5D curved glass display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 625 14nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 506 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Funtouch OS 3.2 based on Android 7.1 (Nougat)
- Dual SIM
- 16MP rear camera with LED flash, f/2.0 aperture, OmniVision OV16880 sensor, PDAF
- 24MP front-facing camera with LED flash, f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 155.87 × 75.7 × 7.7mm; Weight: 160g
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, AK4376A Hi-Fi audio chip
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
- 3225mAh built-in battery