Hey Folks. Today in this post, we will learn about how to setup Android Debug Bridge (ADB) and Fastboot in your computer. Also how to use it universally.
What is ADB and Fastboot?
The Android Debug Bridge (
adb) is a development tool that facilitates communication between an Android device and a personal computer. This communication is most often done over a USB cable, but Wi-Fi connections are also supported.
adbis like a “Swiss-army knife” of Android development.
Google hosts zips including only adb-fastboot
- Download the tools
- Extract it somewhere – for example,
- On Windows 7/8:
- From the desktop, right-click My Computer and select Properties.
- In the System Properties window, click on the Advanced tab.
- In the Advanced section, click the Environment Variables button.
- In the Environment Variables window, highlight the Path variable in the Systems Variable section and click the Edit button.
;%USERPROFILE%\adb-fastboot\platform-toolsto the end of the existing Path definition (the semi-colon separates each path entry).
- On Windows 10:
- Open the Start menu, and type “advanced system settings”.
- Select “View advanced system settings”.
- Click on the Advanced tab.
- Open the “Environment Variables” window.
- Select the Path variable under “System Variables” and click the “Edit” button.
- Click the “New” button.
%USERPROFILE%\adb-fastboot\platform-toolsand click OK twice
- Install the universal driver,this will install necessary drivers in your computer so you can use ADB.
How to use
and it’ll open command prompt.
and lo, you don’t need to change directory to anywhere
Found This Post helpful? Do Share This Post With Your Friends Colleagues…
Like and Share Our Facebook Page.
Allow Desktop Notification For instant Updates.
Till Then Stay Tuned 🙂