OnePlus 6 is to get a casing made of new materials. This was confirmed last week, but it was not revealed what exactly to expect. Among the proposals appeared, among others ceramic casing. It turns out, however, that it will be made of glass. This was confirmed today by the company’s CEO, Pete Lau, who spoke about the design of the new flagger slayer in the official forum.
However, the OnePlus 6 will not be the first Chinese phone with such a housing. The glass enclosure also appeared in OnePlus 6. In the case of a new phone, the design will change. You can see it on the graphics provided by Pete Lau. There will be more rounding. In addition, one of the graphics seems to suggest a new color.
OnePlus 6 will receive a glass casing that will be covered with a five-layer coating. But you probably wonder whether the glass casing is equivalent to the introduction of a battery with a wireless charging function? This is not known, because the company is silent on this topic. Rather, it probably has nothing to expect.
The Chinese have so far avoided charging the battery wirelessly. Claiming that fast loading (like their Dash Charge) is simply better. OnePlus 6 is expected to debut with improved fast charging technology, but we do not know exactly what will be improved. Technical specifications of the upcoming smartphone OnePlus 6 can be found below. Prices, unfortunately, are to be higher.
OnePlus 6 – technical specifications
- Android 8.1 Oreo with OxygenOS
- 6-inch AMOLED screen with Full HD + resolution
- 8-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor from the Adreno 630 GPU
- 6 or 8 GB RAM memory type LPDDR4
- 64, 128 or 256 GB of data space
- microSD memory card reader – probably not available
- front camera 20 Mp f / 2.0 for video calling and selfie
- dual 16-megapixel camera + 20 megapixels with LED
- 3450 mAh battery with Dash Charge
- Wi-Fi 802.11ac
- Bluetooth 5.0
- LTE modem
- dual SIM
- USB C connector
- fingerprint reader
- face recognition