HMD Global, developing and selling Nokia handsets, has announced a new Nokia 7 smartphone in China.
The Nokia 7 is equipped with a 5.2-inch IPS LCD with 1920×1080 pixels, a 16-megapixel rear camera f/1.8 slot and a ZEISS lens, a 5-megapixel front camera, a Qualcomm Snapdragon 630 system, 4 or 6 GB of RAM and 64GB of storage that can be expanded with a memory card. The 7.9mm thick phone features a 7000-series aluminum frame and a glass surface at the back.
Compared to Nokia 8, the new Nokia 7 has a less accurate display, which is also quite slim, only one rear camera and significantly less performance with a weaker system circuit. In addition, the first Nokia smartphone announced in Nokia 7, the Android navigation buttons are on the screen and the fingerprint reader is placed behind the phone under the camera.
Nokia 8 is already familiar and in common with it, The Nokia 7 has a Dual-Sight shooting mode for Bothie pictures and videos connecting the rear and front camera and Nokia OZO Audio audio recording in video recording.
Nokia 7 has Android 7.1.1 Nougat, but the upgrade to Android 8.0 Oreo is naturally coming.The battery capacity is 3,000 mAh. Nokia 7 also supports Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 through its USB-C connector.
Nokia 7 Specifications
- 5.2-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) 2.5D curved glass display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 2.2 GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 630 14nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 508 GPU
- 4GB / 6GB LPPDDR4 RAM, 64GB (eMMC 5.1) internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 7.1.1 (Nougat), upgradable to Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 16MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, PDAF, ZEISS optics, 1.12um sensor, f/1.8 aperture, 80-degree wide angle
- 5MP front-facing camera, 1.12um sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 84˚ wide-angle lens
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, dual microphones, Nokia OZO Audio
- Dimensions: 141.2 x 71.45 x 7.92mm
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS, USB Type-C
- 3000mAh built-in battery with fast charging (9V/2A)
The Nokia 7 comes in Gloss Black and Matt White colors, is priced at 2,499 yuan (US$ 376 / Rs. 24,520 approx.) for the 4GB RAM version and the 6GB RAM version costs 2,699 yuan (US$ 406 / Rs. 26,480 approx.). It is now available to pre-order on JD.com, Suning and Tmall in China and goes on sale from October 24th.