The CyanogenMod released their first CM14.1 nightly to Google Nexus 5x. The Android Nougat 7.1 update to Google Nexus 5X. Those who want to update their Nexus 5X to latest android 7.1 can install this ROM. But, since this is first release it has some few bugs!!
Things You Need :
- Unlocked Bootloader
- Your Device Should Be Rooted
- Custom Recovery Installed (TWRP ,CWM)
- Atleast 50% Battery
- A Brain
– Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
– Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
– It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
How To Get/Install CM14.1 on Google Nexus 5x :
- First Download The ROM and GApps From Given Link and Place it into your internal storage.
2. Restart Your device into recovery like TWRP or CWM.
3. You may consider complete backup of your phone data or take a NANDROID backup of the current ROM. Before Wiping Data
4. Now Go to Wipe option from recovery menu and select Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition and wipe this all.
5. Now go back to the recovery menu and then go to install and select the ROM.Zip file and GApps.Zip and hit Install.
6. The Installation/Flashing procedure will take 5-10 min hardly. once it done reboot your device.
7. The First Boot will take 10-15 minutes.
8. Go through the Setup procedure and BOOM. Enjoy CyanogenMod 14.1 on your Google Nexus 5X.
Here is The Ofiicial Thread For CM14.1 on Nexus 5X .
If You Want to Root CM14.1 After Flashing Rom then follow this Instructions :
- Go to Settings > About Phone.
- Now Tap 7 times on build number.
- Now go back to settings you will see developer options.
- Go to developer options and you will see option called root access.
- Select Apps + ADB in it. and Allow fot Root Access.
- Done. Your device is not Rooted
Don’t Forget To Follow Us On Telegram! For More Tricks and Tips.