Asus announced a somewhat weird smartphone. The terminal is titled ASUS ZenFone V V520KL (not ZenFone 5) and brings a configuration that contains the famous processor for the flagship smartphones in 2016, in particular the quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 chipset.
If the ZenFone V V520KL was released last year, we have a flagship device in front of us. But time has passed, and at this point the smartphone can be considered as a very mid-range model.
We start with the hidden elements under the hood. Besides the excellent Snapdragon 820 processor, we also have 4GB of LPDDR4 RAM, 3000mAh battery and 32GB of internal memory. The battery is a performance one. It has fast boating technology that boosts the battery level from 0 to 60% in just 37 minutes. Pretty impressive!
Asus ZenFone V launched in US with Snapdragon 820
At first glance, the 3000mAh seem to be few, but the phone has a 5.2-inch diagonal only and features a Qualcomm processor very efficient as power consumption.
The smartphone is for people who usually avoid phablets. ASUS ZenFone V V520KL has a Super AMOLED display with 5.2-inch resolution and 1920 × 1080 pixels. It is to be appreciated that Asus opted for the AMOLED panel. The advantages of this type of panel are generous brightness, vivid colors and very dark black.
The case has a superb design and is made of a combination of glass (front / back) and metal (on the edges). We can say that the design is similar to the Asus ZenFone 3 ZE520KL smartphone.
In terms of photo equipment, the terminal has a very strong main camera. The camera features a 23-megapixel Sony IMX318 sensor featuring dual-tone LED flash, optical and electronic image stabilization, laser autofocus and 4K video capture.
The smartphone is excellent audio-optimized. The sound is played back to a quality comparable to the Hi-Fi standard. This is due to top audio equipment such as NXP Smart AMP, 192kHz / 24-bit sound and DTS Headphone X (for headphones).
Regarding the rest of the equipment, we still want to mention the USB Type C port and the front fingerprint scanner.
ASUS ZenFone V V520KL is a very exciting device for compact handset amateurs. The phone comes with a performance display of 5.2 inches, a multi-horsepower Snapdragon processor and various modern and useful features.
Unfortunately, the phone is only available for the US market and the price is $ 384. The chances are that the phone will officially reach the European continent. The complete hardware details are below.
Asus Zenfone V (V520KL) specifications
- 5.2-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD AMOLED display, 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 2.15GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 820 14nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 530 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4 RAM, 32GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 7.0 (Nougat) with Zen UI 3.0
- 23MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, Sony IMX318 sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 6P Largan lens, 4-axis OIS, 3-axis EIS, Laser AF
- 8MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture, 88-degree wide-angle lens
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 146.5 x 72.644 x 7.62mm; Weight:147g
- 3.5mm audio jack, DTS Headphone:X for virtual 7.1 surround sound, Hi-Res Audio 192kHz/24-bit standard, NXP Smart AMP technology
- 4G LTE with VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac (2.4 and 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, USB Type-C
- 3000mAh battery with fast charging
The Asus Zenfone V comes in Sapphire Black color, is priced at $384 (Rs. 25,085 approx.) without contract or at 16/month for 24 months (0% APR).